Advances in genetic technology have led to significant changes in genetic screening and screening panels. Ethnic background and insurance coverage may have a bearing on your screening options. An informed provider or genetics professional can provide you with the information you need to make health decisions for you and your family’s future. The Victor Center can provide assistance in finding a provider or genetic counselor in your area. Additionally, our clinical partners periodically sponsor local community screenings.
Many insurance providers cover preconception screening although coverage and costs to you can vary depending on your plan and the screening panel you select (e.g., your lab, deductible and co-insurance requirements). Check with your insurance provider for more information.
Complete the contact form and submit to the Victor Center if you:
- Have questions or would like to learn more about Jewish genetic diseases, screening or counseling
- Need to find a provider that isn’t included on our website
- Are interested in sharing YOUR story with the Victor Center
- Would like to offer educational programs or materials to your organization
- Want to join or establish a Victor Center partnership in your community